There are a number of changes, from a reporting aspect, that have been introduced into Team Foundation Server 2010 platform and the Scrum for Team System V3 process template like: Warehouse schema changes; only supporting Reporting Services 2008; a sophisticated multi-team support model and new QA model. As a result the reports have been completely rewritten so there is a limited number in this beta release.
However I would like to highlight some of the smaller updates that been applied to the reports to help readability / usability of the reports which are as follows:
- A reporting site folder structure has been created to make browsing the reports easier
- Reporting tool tips on the charts to display the unit, value, date that point on the chart is showing.
- A Today strip line, with tool tip showing where Today is.
- Small descriptions have been embedded into the reports so when viewing the report in Report Manager or Team Foundation Server Web access their descriptions can be seen to give a snapshot of their function.
- A report footer has been added with the same embedded description and link to a report guidance (which will be coming soon).
- The Portal reports can be resized within the SharePoint portal by changing the height and width report parameters to help with customising the SharePoint portal.
- Version – Diagnostic
- Bug History Chart – QA
- Product Burndown Chart By Day – Release
- Product Cumulative Flow – Release
- Sprint Burndown Chart – Sprint
- Sprint Cumulative Flow – Sprint
- Warehouse Status - Diagnostic
- Sprint Burndown - Tasks and Stories Chart – Sprint
- Sprint Team Aggregate – Sprint